Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jordon

Hi Michelle! I hope all is going well. I just wanted to drop you a quick
note to let you know how Jordan is doing (Cruzan)!

He is a joy. When we brought him home at 8 weeks old, he weighed 6.2 lbs
and was very little. In the past 8 weeks, he has more than doubled; maybe
tripled his size and weighs 32 pounds!! Our vet cannot believe how big he
has gotten let alone the weight gain. He has had all of his shots and the
only remaining medical item is to get him neutered at the end of October.

He was potty trained and house broken in the first four weeks! He is very
smart. He has learned all the basic commands - sit, speak, stay, come
here, No, Be nice (to cat), sit up, Eat, walks on the lease, etc. He has
also learned his boundaries in the yard and does very well......except on
the south side of the property! He likes to sneak over and visit the
neighbors!! Still in training. He is teething right now so it's a bit
difficult for him but we are giving him lots of dental type bones and toys
to chew on. He has a best friend - Dexter - our neighbor's dog across the
street. They bring him over 2-3 times a week to play. It's wonderful!

I know I was originally going to adopt Lonnie. You had shared that he
found a good home and I'm grateful. Jordan is doing very well, is healthy
and seems to be really happy. We do not cage him at all, just spend all of
our time training and reinforcing good behavior. He sleeps in our bed at
night and is quite content! I work out of my home so he spends a good
portion of his day in my office (napping).

Thank you for all you do for these animals. I know it isn't easy and I
hope you know - people like me - admired and appreciate everything you do.
Jordan has found a good home. He has more to learn but is trying very hard
to fill that void in my heart after losing my collie. I think we have a
good match here and I just wanted to update you and say "thank you." Take
care.

Cheryl Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment