Monday, October 29, 2012

Shadoe now Ripley

I adopted Ripley, the flat coated retriever mix puppy two weeks ago at the HIllside PetCo adoption event. I cannot say enough good things about your organization or about my new forever companion Ripley. She came to me already crate trained (big kudos to her foster family - they did a great job with her training!) and she has not had any accidents in the house. She tells me when she needs to "go" by whining and barking. That is pretty much the only time she barks except when she sees the horses which she is still very excited about so she can't help herself! This girl is so smart, she already knows "sit" and today she learned the command "down" - when i pat the ground she lays down! She is friendly with people and other dogs and has a blast running and playing with my friends dogs at the stable! She does have a serious obsession with blowing leaves and loves to chase them! When she is bigger and the weather is warm next Spring she will be able to go swimming in the creek
behind my house. I always dreamed of having a puppy and she is the puppy of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment