Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shilah

It was exactly two years ago I adopted Shilah ( formerly Shawna ) from Magnificent Mutts. It has been quite an adventure for my pack. I wanted to adopt a buddy for my Sheperd Dexter and I ended up saving a scared and skiddish little girl. I dont know what Shilah went through before she was rescued by Magnificent Mutts but it had to have been horrible! Shilah would not let me touch her for almost two monthes and when she finally did it was a simple stroke on her cheek. She would run so fast to get outside and past me sometime I could not slide to door open fast enough and she would run into it. She would only sleep when I slept and that was far away behind my dining room table. There was alot of pacing and watching me. I have to say that my dog Dexter has been an amazing role model for Shilah; where Dexter goes, Shilah will! She actually will lift her leg to pee just like her brother Dexter! I just gave her space and eventually Shilah came to me! I gave her her first
belly rub this summer...it only took a year and a half but it was everything to me! Shilah and Dexter love the dog park and going for hikes. She is so social and loving, Shilah even was on the local news for the dog swim event for the Madison K9 unit!Now I just need a bigger house so I can adopt another :)Rhiannon Belanger
File #0 photo (1).JPG exceeds the maximum file size. Error: 1.
File #1 photo (3).JPG exceeds the maximum file size. Error: 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment