Friday, January 4, 2013

Tabby, I mean GABBY!

We are German Shepherd owners. A year and a half ago we lost our female, Kazmir, at the age of 9 yrs old to cancer. Her brother, Justice who will be 11 on 2/2/13, was devastated. It took more than 6 months for him to become "normal" again. Recently a friend sent us a picture of 'Tabby' on Facebook - a beautiful 8 year old spayed German Shepherd female. My husband and I talked about her & decided to sleep on it. The next morning Brian said he dreamed of her and we should pursue bringing her to our home. After filling out the online application, getting approved and setting a "meet & greet" date, we traveled (with Justice) to meet 'Tabby'. After arriving we learned her real name was GABBY - it was a typing mistake that changed her name. She took to Brian immediately and then warmed up to me and Justice. Once home, she fit right in! I was a little apprehensive about her meeting our cats and parrot as we didn't know if she'd ever been around those types of animals....my worry was
unwarranted. She looked at the bird & then walked away even though Larry Bird was squawking at her! The cats on the other hand had an attitude with HER - but then cats have an attitude towards everything and everyone! She walks/runs beautifully with my husband and with me & Justice! She's got a sweet, gentle temperament - even when getting her ear medicine! Now it's just a matter of getting used to all the loving we're ready to shower on her! I can hardly wait for Spring so she can experience "life on the Rock River"! Thank you Magnificent Mutts for finding and rescuing this little gem! We are truly blessed with Gabriella Rose Boyer (Gabby) in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment