Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Benny now Bear

Hey Cate!

I just wanted to give you an update on Benny (now named Bear)!

Bear is adjusting wonderfully to our home! First of all, he did great on the long ride home- he slept most of the way and didn't whine or bark. He hasn't had a single accident in the house--much to the delight of my mother :) He was pretty nervous the first couple of days and camped out under our kitchen table or in his kennel. But he is warming up to me, giving me kisses and following me around. Bear is great on walks with his harness- he loves to leave his mark on trees and mailboxes.

He doesn't like being left alone- it's probably a situation he has never experienced because there were always other dogs around. At night, he sleeps in his kennel right next to my bed. The first night, we had his kennel set up in the kitchen and when we all went to bed, Bear let out a couple woofs- probably wondering where everyone went! But he calmed down after that. The second night though, he wouldn't stop barking and I actually slept on the floor next to his kennel for the night. After that, we just decided to put the kennel next to my bed so I wouldnt have to keep sleeping on the floor. Now everyone's happy!

He met my neighbors three dogs 2 days ago and he turned into a completely different dog around them! His tail was up, he was initiating play, he was running around- it was amazing to see him so happy. And yesterday and today he has come to work with me at doggy daycare and he has had an absolute blast with all of the little dogs.

I spoke with the groomer and unfortunately he will have to be shaved because he is too badly matted. I will be sad to see his long hair gone, but I know it will grow back so it's certainly not the end of the world. I will send you pictures once he is in his new do!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment