Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tasha

Tasha came into our lives completely by chance.

I was working late at night and saw an "adopt-a-pet" commercial. After crying for an hour, I decided to Google pets for adoption in my area. I had always wanted to adopt an older dog and give it some great "golden years."

I found 8 year old Tasha and sent in an email asking for more information about this German Shepard with special needs.

We met Tasha on a stormy Sunday (after 1.5 hours of driving to her!) and we discussed if we could really handle an older dog who would need special attention.

We got to Elmhurst Animal Care Center, Linda showed us to the dog room and Tasha walked out of her cage. I started BAWLING. I had this overwhelming feeling of "Oh, there you are. The dog I've been looking for." Even though she limped a little, I knew she was the one for us.

We took Tasha home that day and we haven't given it a second thought. We bought medicine for her hips/knees, a massager to help her joints, and signed her up for swim time (which she loves). She might be an older lady but she greets us at the front door whenever we come home and she loves to give big kisses. Even if we're only gone for a minute she acts like we've been gone for years, wagging her tail and smooching us. She has filled such a void in our lives, we couldn't imagine living without her.

We owe a lot of thanks to Magnificent Mutts for bringing Tasha to us, we had been searching for someone to love. She is beautiful, happy, and just so sweet. We couldn't have picked a better pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment