Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sammie aka Sergio

Hi,

We just wanted to send you a note to thank you for bringing Sergio who we renamed Sammie into our lives. If you remember, we are the Mayer's and we came to your adoption event at Doggie Depot on February 23rd. I was the woman in the wheelchair that Sergio jumped right onto upon seeing me. He is doing wonderfully in our home. He is such a mama's boy. He loves his daddy but he is by my side constantly. He is very smart he knows how to sit when asked. He rarely barks and stops when told to. He knows stay sort of, and is learning the difference between lay down and get down. He has had only two accidents in the house since he came home with us and now knows how to let us know he needs to go out.

He is so funny. When he comes in from his walks he comes right to me to get his treat. He sits right down and waits patiently for me to give him his reward. He is also very happy to just hear me say he is a good boy and mama loves him. He gives endless and I do mean endless kisses. His favorite thing to do is be between Jack and I and giving kisses to us alternately. He is learning to play with his toys although he does not like to share them with me yet. He is learning to fetch he retrieves the ball but he does not like to give the ball back to me.

He mostly sleeps in bed with us. He like to sleep in between us both. Or he likes to burro under the covers on my lap or Jack's. We really love our Sammie and he seems to love us. He is eating well and has been to the vet. We are looking into specialized training for him. He has done fine the few times we have left him alone while we go out, but he know when I am leaving and jumps in my arms like he is afraid I am not coming back. I don't go out very often, so he will learn I will be back. Still, while we are gone he just sleeps on his blankie on the loveseat until we come back then he must be on my lap or held for a few minutes until he has adjusted to the fact that I am home. He is such a sweet and funny dog and we could not love him more. The more we talk about it, the more we are sure he chose us and we can not imagine ever having any other dog besides Sammie. I will keep you updated on his progress.

I also wanted to remind you that I very much want to volunteer at Magnificent Mutts. Just let me know what you need and what I can do to help you.

Sincerely,

Mary Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment