Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pogo and Polo's Story

I adopted two sweet dogs from you about 4 years ago. They were named
Pogo and Polo. I renamed them Guinness and Harp. Well I am sorry to
inform you we lost Guinness this weekend. He died of a massive stroke
on Saturday. I managed to get him help within 15 minutes of the event
and we tried valiantly to save him but I guess it was his time. He was
so sweet and kind they never even bothered muzzling him the whole time.
He didn't have a mean bone in his body. His brother Harp is beside
himself with stress and loneliness. I am thinking about bringing
another dog into the house so Harp is not alone all day.

I want to ensure Harp is happy with the transition so I may want to take
some time in finding the right match. We have a wonderful home with a
big fenced in back yard. The boys had their own bedroom with a nice
twin sized bed to sleep on, full run of the house at all times and a
doggy door so they could come and go when they wanted to. I am
comforted that Guinness knew he was loved greatly and wanted for nothing
while his was with me. I think he would want another needy dog to be
rescued and given a loving home as he was.

Dana G Dunne

No comments:

Post a Comment